Friday, November 6, 2015

Snuff-Takers are Civilized and Polite

I'm in my later 40's and I've rubbed elbows with all sorts of people in my day.  The poorest our country has to offer, the wealthiest you could deign to find, and everything in between.  I've have multiple hobbies and interests, and as a fairly out-going social person, I tend to seek out people who share my hobbies and interests.  The best of course is face-to-face associations and friendships, but in this day and age, the option to interact with others as a distance has never been easier or more available.

All this is to say, I am entirely impressed by the polite and gentle behavior of the snuff-takers I have interacted with thus far.  The snuff-takers I've met face-to-face are always happy to have met a fellow traveler, and are quick to jump into conversation and to offer a pinch of their favorite snuff.  Meeting a snuff-taking stranger, is like meeting a long-lost friend with all the attendant joy and need to catch up.

Online, snuff-takers are welcoming, humble, quick with advice, slow to deride or pass judgement, and show a calmness in their interactions that only confidence and a pinch of snuff could lend a person.  Snuff is talked about, traded, gifted, and held aloft as an unbreakable common bond.  Jaded by my interactions with the average person online, I find myself thinking it is too good to be true at times.  I find myself bracing myself for the next attack.  Watching for the knife stuck deftly into the shoulder-blade, as a well-practiced internet-warrior makes a cowardly attack from behind.  But, the attack never comes...the blade is never bared.

If you have found yourself drawn to nasal snuff, and you are curious, or need advice, or simply want to interact with other snuff-takers, reach out.  You will never find a more welcoming group of people.  Feel free to join both of the groups below, and thus enrich your own enjoyment of snuff-taking.  You will certainly find some fine acquaintances, and maybe a friend or two in the process.


Mark Stinson
Modern Snuff Website

2 comments:

  1. Lovely piece again Mark. And i agree. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kit, you win the "First Actual Comment on the Blog" award! There is no actual prize, but you will go down in the annals of history as the first person to give me actual feedback directly on the blog. LOL. Thanks, man...

      Delete